About Our School
9th and 10th Graders: 7:30am - 10:30am
11th and 12th Graders: 12:30pm - 4:00pm
At GHAMAS, students in Grades 9-12 spend half of their day in their home districts and the other half of the day at the academy studying advanced mathematics and science. Students have the opportunity to take unparalleled courses in science and mathematics from a faculty of highly skilled scientists and mathematicians. Through the program, students are exposed to career shadowing and coaching from some of the nation’s leading science and math professionals.
As a part of the NASA Explorer School network, GHAMAS students participate in a variety of video conferences and learning sessions with astronauts, rocket scientists, and engineers from NASA and industry partners. Students collaborate with the academy’s CREC partner schools, Two Rivers Magnet Middle School and EHGEMS, to make connections across the K-12 spectrum.
- Exceptional interest in math and science
- Outstanding ability to work both independently and in a peer group
- Directed and motivated to pursue academics at a four-year college or university
- Interest in pursuing a post-collegiate career in math, science or technology
Resources Available to Students
- Students will each be assigned a laptop computer for all classroom activities and learning outside the classroom
- State-of-the-art equipment in all laboratories
- Access to Hartford Hospital and Trinity College facilities and resources
- Loctite Special Instrumentation Lab
- Cell culture lab, laser lab, robotics/electronics lab and molecular genetics lab
- Faculty is available via email after school hours for student and parent communication
20 students maximum
Half-day Program Structure:
Grades 9 and 10 attend GHAMAS in the morning and Grades 11 and 12 in the afternoon. Students take humanities courses at home high schools.
Provided for eligible students.
For more information, please contact:
Paul Brenton, Principal - 860-757-6316 - firstname.lastname@example.org
1101 Kennedy Road, Windsor, CT.